The Real List Of Poisonous Foods And Plants Your Pup Shouldn’t Eat

Many foods that we are able to eat and digest with no problems can cause long-lasting and sometimes fatal conditions in dogs and puppies. Many people may tell you “Oh my dog has eaten that and he’s fine” however as with many things it is the cumulative effect that will eventually poison your dog. It is very difficult to prove that a dog that has kidney damage got it due to the food that he has eaten over the last 10 years.

There are plenty of foods that you can feed your dog however here are some to stay well clear of…

Toxic and potentially dangerous foods:

  • Chocolate
  • Grapes and raisins
  • Garlic and onion
  • Citrus fruits
  • avocado
  • Walnuts and macadamia nuts
  • Candy, sweets
  • Iron and Vitamin tablets
  • Chewing Gum
  • Alcohol
  • Nutmeg
  • Persimmons
  • Tea and coffee
  • Potato peelings and leaves
  • Tomato leaves
    .

Poisonous plants:

Although it is not always obvious what all the plants are in your garden, knowing which ones are poisonous is a start. If you see your puppy chewing one in particular plant, find out what it is and check that it is not on the list.

Here are some of the most common poisonous plants to dogs:

  • Hyacinth
  • Day Lily
  • Lily of the valley
  • Hydrangea
  • Asparagus fern
  • Fox glove
  • Morning glory
  • Wood lily
  • Tiger lily
  • Jerusalem Cherry
  • Yucca
  • Aloe Ver
  • Agapantha
  • Elephant Ear
  • English Ivy
  • Clematis
  • Mistletoe
  • Rhododendron
  • Nightshade
  • Tomato plant
What Did You Think?
Spread the love